Bruce Forsyth has announced he’s leaving Strictly Come Dancing and will seek warmer weather outside of Britain. He’ll also be doing some theatre performances and recorded Strictly Come Dancing specials. Don’t write him off yet, he’ll be around.
Sir Bruce Forsyth is stepping down as presenter of the hit BBC1 series Strictly Come Dancing after a decade fronting the show.
He said it was the “right time to step down from the rigours” of hosting the live shows which have become Saturday night ratings winners.
However he will continue to work on pre-recorded Strictly shows for Christmas and Children In Need as well as one-off BBC specials, and said he will also be performing in theatres.
The future of Sir Bruce, 86, on the show had been a cause of speculation for some months. He had already scaled back some of his commitments, stepping down from the weekly results show and writing occasional rest weeks into his deal with show bosses.
Sir Bruce said today:
After 10 wonderful years and 11 series, I believe it is now the right time to step down from the rigours of presenting the Strictly live shows.
I am very proud of what the show has achieved and confident it will entertain the nation for many years to come.
I am also delighted that by presenting the Christmas and Children In Need shows I will continue to have a strong association with Strictly.
In addition, I am looking forward to the specials planned with the BBC as well as some live theatre shows, so before anyone asks, I am not retiring quite yet.
Finish this article at: http://www.itv.com/news/2014-04-04/sir-bruce-forsyth
Bruce Forsyth is done with his Strictly Come Dancing career with the exception of a few specials from time to time. His illustrious career started in childhood and got him knighted. We wish him the best and hope to see him frequently.